Here's a wire bearing asbestos in its insulation pictured above a typical plastic jacket wire.
Pulled out of an old wall heater that will become an enclosure to a build.
My suggestion is to avoid crushing and snorting BOTH types of wire. Asbestos occurs naturally and is everywhere, the main idea is to avoid concentrations of the stuff. After pulling the above wire it was put into captivity in a plastic bag and has not been allowed to rough house with the rest of the components loose on my bench.